The Adventure Continues

Our Church Council granted me a sabbatical for three months during the summer of 2010. My intention was to learn Latin American Spanish and to explore Latin American cultures here and abroad. Now that I have had some opportunities to lead mission trips to Yuscaran, Honduras, and to visit Mexico three times, the adventure continues.



Seeking New Horizons

Seeking New Horizons

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Busman's Holiday

Our son is in Africa this week visiting our daughter. It is a wonderful and much needed break for both of them. He was unable to find a local supply preacher in Connecticut, so I will be preaching at his church on Sunday.
After the service, I plan to visit a Lutheran Church in Meridan where there is a service in Spanish. Perhaps I will be able to follow some of the worship. Doreen and I did that once in Sweden where the service made sense because the titles were all in Latin, like Kyrie, Gloria, Nunc Dimmittis, etc. So I am off this morning to visit my brother for the day, and to stay overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment