The Adventure Continues

Our Church Council granted me a sabbatical for three months during the summer of 2010. My intention was to learn Latin American Spanish and to explore Latin American cultures here and abroad. Now that I have had some opportunities to lead mission trips to Yuscaran, Honduras, and to visit Mexico three times, the adventure continues.



Seeking New Horizons

Seeking New Horizons

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tuesday, June 8

Lunch today was in English with the pastors from the Northeast Massachusetts conference. What a wonderful group of Lutheran pastors we have! We had lots of things to share about our ministries.
In the evening I began the placement exam for the CETLALIC program in Mexico. The questions are all in English and German, but the answers must be in Spanish. I was pleased to be able to answer many of the questions, but I was also disappointed to see how many words I have aleady forgotten. I'm going to review my lessons before I submit the exam. This is so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment