The Adventure Continues

Our Church Council granted me a sabbatical for three months during the summer of 2010. My intention was to learn Latin American Spanish and to explore Latin American cultures here and abroad. Now that I have had some opportunities to lead mission trips to Yuscaran, Honduras, and to visit Mexico three times, the adventure continues.



Seeking New Horizons

Seeking New Horizons

Monday, June 14, 2010

Signed Up for Mexico

On Saturday night we made our final initial preparations for the trip to Mexico. That means that we are signed up and have our airline reservations. We still need to complete the placement exam, but I am waiting until I study a bit more and review the things I realize I have forgotten. The Mexico course is done in cooperation with the ELCA, and is based in part on the principle that one cannot learn language apart from learning culture, so the two are taught together in an immersion program. You can read more about it by clicking on CETLALIC on the left side of the blog page.

No comments:

Post a Comment