The Adventure Continues

Our Church Council granted me a sabbatical for three months during the summer of 2010. My intention was to learn Latin American Spanish and to explore Latin American cultures here and abroad. Now that I have had some opportunities to lead mission trips to Yuscaran, Honduras, and to visit Mexico three times, the adventure continues.



Seeking New Horizons

Seeking New Horizons

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Grupa de Espaniol

Our group of Spanish beginners has met twice now, and it is fun. We read some simple passage and then discuss it, all in Spanish. We each use different resources to look up words and grammar, but the fact that we are having fun doing it is very helpful.
My visit to the Hispanic church in Meriden, CT was quite interesting. It showed me once again that reading Spanish is much easier for me than hearing and speaking it. After the service I had that once again dreaded experience of introducing myself to a nice young man. After he told me his name, I said, "Encontado de conocerlo." He replied, "It's nice to meet you, too."
Today, Sunday, we are going back to Waterbury to visit Joshua. He is safely back from Africa and has pictures of his trip with Kendra.

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness everyone's safe and sound! Thanks for your postings! I mean muchas gracias para sus postings?

    ReplyDelete